Privacy Notice for Applicants | Updated November 26th, 2018
The Markem-Imaje Group and any Markem-Imaje entity worldwide (the “Company”, "us", "we" or "our") is committed to protecting personal data and intends to process personal data in a transparent and lawful way and to comply with applicable data
protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and applicable local laws.
This Data Privacy Notice for Job Applicants (the "Privacy Notice") is intended to provide you with some information regarding how your personal data will be collected, used, shared, and protected within the processes that will be deployed
by the Company, which are described in greater detail in the sections below.
1. What is personal data?
Personal data (also referred to as “data” or “your data”) means any information or set of information that could identify you either directly or indirectly. Your name, email/ home addresses, phone number, CVs, computer’s
IP address as well as cookies are examples of personal data.
2. Our privacy statement
In all circumstances the Company aims to process personal data according to the following principles:
- Transparency: Personal data is used fairly, lawfully, and transparently.
- Limited Use: Personal data is collected for a specific and legitimate business purpose and used in a manner that is compatible with that purpose. We securely dispose of it when it is no longer needed.
- Data Minimization: Only relevant data – not excessive amounts – is collected or used.
- Accuracy: We aim to keep personal data accurate and up-to-date.
- Security and Limited Access: Personal data is stored securely and is shared only with those individuals who need the data to accomplish a business objective.
3. Who is the relevant “controller” of your personal data?
Dover Europe Sàrl is responsible for the personal data that you share with us, as well as each entity of the Markem-Imaje Group that interacts with you as your potential future employer. The Company is the data controller for the purpose
of applicable data protection laws.
The Company can be contacted here: Markem-Imaje – 9 rue Gaspard Monge, 26500 Bourg-les-Valence, France – firstname.lastname@example.org
4. How do we collect or receive your data?
As a potential future employer, the Company uses various tools and applications from initial career-related communication to recruitment and integration (as further described in section 7), in compliance with the applicable regulations. At each step,
there are many ways that you might share your personal data with us, and that we might collect it.
We may collect or receive data from you via our websites, forms, apps, devices, pages on social media or otherwise. We may get this directly from you (e.g. when you create an account, when you contact us), or we collect it (e.g. using cookies to understand
how you use our websites/apps), or sometimes we receive your data from other third parties.
5. What personal data is being collected or gathered?
We will be collecting from you directly or obtaining from other sources the following categories of personal data:
- Data related to your use of our websites/apps: For example, Pages you looked at; Videos you watched; Content you click on or tap; Jobs you search for; Your location; Duration of your visit; Jobs you selected; Computer IP address; Browser information;
Device identifiers; Operating system, mobile network, standard web log data, and traffic to and from our site.
- Identification information: For example, First name; Last name; Gender; Email/ home addresses; Phone number; ID; Nationality; Passport number; Photo; Birthday date or age range; Profile picture; Language; Identification information for you and your
partner; Family ID; Social Security number; Insurances ID numbers; Immigration status; Residency permit; Bank account number; Tax residence.
- Qualification details: For example, Resume; summary; CV; Work experience; Education history; Positions.
- Application information: For example, Expected income; Type of job wanted; Availability; References.
- Social media profile: where you use social login or share this personal data with us.
- Data from other sources: we may also obtain data about you from other sources, such as recruiters, market research companies, job fairs, referrals, identity verification providers, and information accessible on the Internet and third-party websites,
including LinkedIn, Twitter, referrals.
- If you have consented to background checks and/or where permitted by law, we may also collect details of professional registrations, sanctions with professional bodies, financial checks or criminal convictions.
- Any other data you submit to us, including any correspondence between you and the Company, exchanged during the application process.
Except for specific purposes, where such collection is legally required, we do not collect personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, and the processing of genetic data,
biometric data in order to uniquely identify a person or data concerning health or sex life and sexual orientation.
6. What is the legal basis for using your personal data?
Depending on the purpose for which the data is used, the legal basis for the processing of your data can be:
- Your consent: only when legally required or permitted.
- Legitimate Interests: Processing your personal data is necessary to manage our relationship with you from initial career-related communication to recruitment and integration, to improve our services and to ensure the security of our
IT environment. The Company has weighed these legitimate interests against the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject and concluded that the processing outlined here is legitimate and appropriate. Further information can be provided
regarding this analysis upon request.
- Legal Obligation: where processing is required by law.
7. Why does your data need to be processed?
The Company will be processing the personal data described above for the following purpose(s):
- Online browsing:
- Allowing proper and secure functioning of our website/ apps;
- Running statistics.
- Reviewing and assessing your application for employment including:
- assessing your skills and interest in career opportunities at Markem-Imaje;
- processing your application;
- analyzing your qualifications;
- verifying your identity and your eligibility for employment.
- Recruitment process:
- organizing the recruitment process, assessments, and interviews;
- reimbursing potential expenses linked to the recruitment process.
- Onboarding process:
- setting-up a working contract;
- organizing your integration.
- Communicating with you about your application, responding to your inquiries and scheduling interviews.
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations, and managing our rights (for example to assert our claims in Courts).
We will not use your personal data for decisions based solely on automated processing if the decision produces legal effects concerning you or significantly affects you, unless you gave your explicit consent for this processing.
8. Who may access to your personal data?
The Company limits who has access to your personal data to only those who need it for a legitimate business purpose. Personal data is shared on a “need to know” basis. Some of your personal data may be shared within the Markem-Imaje Group
entities worldwide to people involved in your application and recruitment process. Only those individuals who need the data to accomplish a business objective should have access to personal data, and only for as long as they need it to accomplish
the objective. Individual recipients are not authorized to share personal data with other employees or third parties unless that sharing is authorized and complies with all applicable Company policies. Specifically, we anticipate that the following
categories of recipients will have access to your personal data, for the purposes listed in section 7:
Human Resources team: The Company’s Human Resources team will access and process some of your personal data for the purposes described in Section 7.
Managers: The potential future managers for the relevant application will have access to some of your personal data in order to review and assess the adequacy of your application to the position.
IT teams: Company IT teams, as well as any IT subcontractor acting on behalf of the Company, will be able to access some of your personal data such as your contact details and any information about your use of the Company information
and communications systems for delivering and supporting IT services.
Some of the recipients noted above are located outside of the European Economic Area and are likely to be located in many countries worldwide. As described in Section 9 below, all such transfers to internal recipients will be compliant with all applicable
laws and regulations.
The Company may engage third-party vendors to assist in processing personal data from time to time. The Company will pass on to any such vendor its obligations under the applicable data privacy law, require that the vendor secure the data, and provide
additional notice as required by law.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal data to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
9. Where is the data being transferred? On what legal grounds?
Your personal data may be transferred to, accessed from, and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for the purposes listed above pursuant to EU Standard Contractual Clauses, Privacy Shield, or another legally binding
and permissible arrangement. Such transfers will be compliant with all applicable laws and regulations. Specifically, we anticipate that your data may be transferred to many countries worldwide. Relevant additional details regarding the basis for
transfers of your personal data can be provided upon request addressed to email@example.com.
Your personal data may also be processed and later transferred in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, in order for the Company to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights, or in order to fulfill legal obligations,
including but not limited to after a request from a competent administrative or judicial authority or in any circumstance where such processing is requested pursuant to applicable laws.
10. Is your personal data secure?
We are committed to keeping your personal data secure and taking all reasonable precautions to do so. We always do our best to protect your personal data and once we have received your personal data, we have put in place appropriate technical and organizational
measures to safeguard and secure the personal data we process. We employ a suite of various IT security tools in order to safeguard personal data, restrict access to the data, and have physical and organizational security measures in place to prevent
unauthorized or unlawful access to personal data and accidental loss, destruction, or damage to personal data. We contractually require that trusted third parties who handle your personal data for us do the same. The Company also maintains an inventory
of personal data and evaluate the protections that we have in place for that data to ensure that our security measures are tailored to the sensitivity of the data.
As the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. As such, any transmission is at your own risk.
11. How long do we keep your personal data?
The Company will retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which we have processed it, and will dispose of it securely once that purpose has been fulfilled. If your application is successful, the information provided
may be retained for purposes of your employment. If it is not successful, we will retain your personal information for a reasonable time so that we can consider you for other positions that may be of interest to you, unless you indicated that you
do not wish for this to happen (by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
wish to use the cookies, you can amend the settings on your internet browser so that it will not automatically download cookies. This will not prevent you from accessing or using our website. We monitor visits to our website and record the IP addresses
of visitors to our website. This information does not identify you as an individual and allows you to navigate our website more easily.
13. Your rights
You can always ask the Company for more information about the people who will be able to see and access the data that relates to you. If you are aware of inaccurate data, it is your responsibility to request that data be updated and corrected.
You may also have the right to:
- Request for confirmation that your personal data is processed by the Company;
- Request a copy of your personal data that is processed by the Company;
- Request to have your personal data corrected, updated, rectified or completed;
- Request to have your personal data erased from some or all systems of the Company to the extent legally permitted;
- Request to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Request a copy of your personal data in a way that would allow the transfer of data to another controller, in a machine-readable, commonly used format;
- Request that your personal data be transferred to another controller;
- Raise an objection to the processing of your personal data on grounds related to your particular situation;
- Raise an objection to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing;
- Withdraw your consent, where specific processing operations involving your personal data are based on your consent; or
- Give directives on the fate of your personal data after death (applicable in France only).
The Company is committed to ensuring your data is protected from misuse. If you think your data and information have been used in violation of the laws, regulations, or the applicable data protection provisions, please alert the Company and it will assist
Furthermore, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, if you believe that your data have been processed unlawfully. Any requests, including those regarding the exercise of such rights, and questions can be directed to
If you have any questions or concerns about how we treat and use your personal data, or would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us at email@example.com